Educational Environment– Schools
Personal Accident, School Fee Remission and Public Liability for ISASA registered schools
As a parent, guardian or tutor of a Scholar, you want them to enjoy their time at school, taking part in extracurricular activities, school trips and actively getting involved in school life.
In today’s trying times, financial security and the safety of Scholar and Staff is of extreme importance. Having said that, kids will be kids and accidents do happen, so when they do, you want to ensure that you have the correct policy in place to respond to the event at hand.
Genoa offers Personal Accident, School Fee Remissions, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance that caters for Scholar and Staff of ISASA registered schools.
WHY CHOOSE GENOA?
As Genoas footprint in the liability space continues to grow from strength to strength, we thought we would share with you why more and more brokers are choosing to work with us as their partner of choice:
Our Underwriters are committed to providing our clients with superior turnaround times when issuing quotations and schedules of cover
Our underwriters are experts in their respective fields and are able to offer our clients technical advice which helps empower them to secure an account
We have strong working relationships with the top re-insurers in the country including Munich Re and Swiss Re who support all of our Professional Indemnity products
Through strategic reinsurance partnerships we are able to offer competitive market premiums
Our policies include a number of meaningful extensions that offer true value to our thousands of Insured clients
Our Insured Practitioners are represented by the top law firms in the country, including firms like Clyde & Co, Garlicke & Bousfield, Mac Robert Attorneys, Norton Rose Fulbright and Webber Wentzel
OUR COVER CAN INCLUDE:
Personal Accident Insurance
This Section indemnifies the Insured against accidental bodily injury whist:
1) Participating in activities as arranged by the school only
2) Representing the province or the country in a recognized event, provided the insured person is not gaining financially as a result of their participation in such event.
- This policy is not a medical aid and should not be taken as a substitute for medical aid cover All in-hospital costs are to first be claimed from a Medical Aid and Gap Cover to preserve the annual limit of medical expenses.
- As a reimbursement policy, costs falling under this policy will be reimbursed on receipt of invoices and proof of payment
- Medical Expenses are limited to those incurred and medically necessary within 24 months of the injury
- Whilst undergoing treatment for any injury, no second injury will be accepted unless the treatment for the first claim was finalised and the insured person cleared by a medical practitioner to return to sport and other activities.
School Fee Remission
This Section indemnifies the Policyholder for the loss incurred as result of the Policyholder refunding the school fees to the Parent or Guardian of the Insured Person, where the Insured Person has been absent from school lessons for a continuous period during the school term as a result of:
- Accident and Illness (which triggers because of an Accident, a Serious Illness or contact with a non-communicable disease)
- School closure benefit which triggers because of a Localised Outbreak at the Policyholder which renders the continuance of schoolwork impossible (after reasonable attempts to access tuition).
This Section indemnifies the Insured for claims arising out of any act, error, neglect or omission amounting to a breach of professional duty in connection with the business.
This Section indemnifies the Insured for Damages which the Insured shall become legally liable to pay consequent upon Injury or Damage which occurred in the course of or in connection with the business.
At an additional premium and subject to certain terms and conditions, an abuse and molestation write back may be included.
Need this cover?
Our team of Broker Consultants are ready to answer any questions you may have